Saturday, November 1, 2014

October Favorites // Fashion, Beauty, Food & Book


I've had a crazy busy October (exam after exam after exam...), but I have found some things that have made October more fun!

Starting from top left:

1.) Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal
A great addition to my skincare routine, this sponge is rock hard when you buy it, but becomes soft when soaked with water. I find that it makes my First Aid Beauty Cleanser foam up more than it does when applying with my hands. The light exfoliation is a great everyday exfoliating option without being too harsh.

2.) Kombucha
Oh my goodness, this stuff is heaven. Once you get past the initially strange smell, this drink is very yummy and refreshing. There are many health benefits of kombucha, which you can research online. I have found that it helps me on those days where my tummy feels strange, especially the day after having a not-so-healthy meal. The $4 price tag is hard to swallow, but this drink isn't!

3.) Kate Spade Watch
My first "real adult watch" is this stunning one from Kate Spade, which I got from my parents for my 21st birthday. I have worn it every day this month and feel naked without it. I think it looks great with flannels and sweaters and gives my laid back outfits a more refined style.

4.) Flannels
Speaking of flannels with my watch, my favorite day is when the weather gets just chilly enough that flannels and vests are whipped out. This particular flannel is from Banana Republic, which I picked up at their outlet store. You can never have too many flannels!

5.) Benefit Gimme Brow
I'm very thankful that my mom always told me as a teenager not to pluck too much, because thin eyebrows wouldn't always be in style and you don't want to do irreversible damage. (Thanks Mom!) This is perfect to fill in the bald spots in my eyebrows. Not only does the color tint make my brows a little darker, the fibers in the gel adhere to your eyebrow hairs to actually make them thicker. Love this for lazy days or as a final step in my full eyebrow routine.

6.) Grace's Guide by Grace Helbig
Grace Helbig has been my favorite YouTube star and comedian for about 2 years now, so I was thrilled when she came out with a book! For only $11.65, I was laughing out loud during just the first chapter! The pictures are adorable and Grace's sarcastic sense of humor really comes through her writing.

7.) Sam Edelman Leopard Loafers
I have been on the hunt for these shoes for way too long, and I finally found these at Marshall's (I'm truly a Maxxanista...) They are surprisingly comfortable and I can't wait to wear them all fall and winter long!

Hope you had a great October and fun Halloween!
What were your favorite things this month?
xoxo Ava

1 comment:

  1. I`m soo in love with kate spade, such a great post with beautiful inspirations dear!
    I would really appreciate if we would follow each other on GFC and BL!
    I started following you, waiting for you to follow back ;)
    xoxo Coll // my Blog little - TOBEYOUTIFUL // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete