Friday, November 21, 2014

Products I've Used Up // Love 'em or Leave 'em?


For some reason, I have always been fascinated by these posts on other blogs. Using a product completely allows you to formulate a well-informed opinion about the product. Here is the trash I have accumulated over the past 8 weeks, which I have kept in this Bloomingdale's bag underneath my bed. I'm anxious to finally to throw it out (or recycle!) 


Skincare

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: YAY!

This was approximately the third tube of this soothing face moisturizer I have gone through. I plan on writing an entire post about First Aid Beauty, but the short of it is that FAB is finally the heaven-sent skincare line that my dry and combination skin loves. Just purchased the massive tub of it!

First Aid Beauty Blemish Patrol Pads: YAY!
Like the Ultra Repair Cream, this product is a must-have for me. It tones, exfoliates, and fights breakouts. I attribute it to clearing up the under-skin blemishes on my forehead.

Almay Oil Free Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads: NAY
Underwhelming. These tiny, flimsy pads do remove makeup, but not any more than a makeup remover wipe. Will not be repurchasing this disappointing product.

Dove Clinical Strength Dedeodorant: YAY!
I have already repurchased this deodorant in a larger size! It does the job without leaving an overwhelming scent.


Beauty

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: YAY!
This is a great BB cream because it provides light coverage and blurs my imperfections. I used this particularly during the summer on days where I did not want to have a full face of makeup. I have not repurchased it yet, however, because I have been attached to my new Bobbi Brown foundation!

Benefit They're Real Mascara: YAY!
This is by far my favorite mascara of all time. I love using the travel size because I have never used up a mascara completely. Mascaras always dry up before I actually use all the product. So the travel size is perfect for me because I can save some money! I have already repurchased a new one!

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: NAY
Although I was not disappointed with this primer, it definitely did not blow me away. I am still unsure if I am convinced of the effectiveness of primers in general, so I am currently trying some different brands.


Haircare

Dove Dry Shampoo: YAY!
Apparently I'm on a Dove kick! This dry shampoo is by far my favorite one I've tried. It doesn't leave a residue, which is my main complaint with other dry shampoos (like Batiste, which I am currently trying to finish up before buying another Dove can!)

Tresemme Tres Two Spray Ultra Fine Mist Hairspray (level 3): YAY!
I've had this can for what seems like forever! "Superior hold with a touchable feel" is its claim, which it certainly lives up to. I haven't repurchased another can because I plan on trying a new hairspray. Any recommendations?


Health

VitaFusion MultiVites COmplete Multivitamin Gummy: YAY!
These are very yummy and don't have that medicine taste that a lot of other brands have. I have already purchased another bottle, but a smaller one because by the time I got to the bottom of this bottle, the gummies were dry.

NatureMade Biotin: YAY!
Biotin has completely changed my hair and nails! Both are so much stronger! However, I don't think the brand matters much when it comes to supplements, so I have since purchased another brand.


What products have you used up recently? Any new ones I should try?

xoxo Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment