2014 was a year filled with new products for me, so narrowing my list of must-have beauty products down to just 14 was challenging. But, I did it: here are 14 products that I loved wholeheartedly and fully recommend.
1. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub: This body scrub will be good for your skin and even better for your wallet.
2. Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes: An absolute life-saver! See my post about how I save $86 a year here.
3. Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask: This mask is $17 for just 1.7 oz, however it has lasted me for over 15 uses! It instantly smooths my skin and rescues it when it is under siege. I love it so much, I even gifted this mask to both of my sisters for Christmas!
4. Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant: If you love peppermint, this lip scrub is for you! It does the job and shows no signs of drying up anytime soon.
5. First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser: Let me tell you, First Aid Beauty (or FAB) has saved my skin. This year I realized a lot of my skin, digestive, and overall health problems were due to allergies that I was previously unaware of. FAB is allergy-tested, fragrance free, and dermatologist recommended. All of their products are gentle yet effective and the face cleanser is a staple in my skincare routine.
6. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: Like the cleanser, this moisturizer is great for my sensitive skin and a cult favorite in the blog community. I am planning a review post solely on FAB products I have tried...
7. Dove Dry Shampoo: Inexpensive, effective, and doesn't leave a white residue, need I ask for more?
8. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Perfume Rollerball: I am horrible at describing scents, so please do yourself a favor and stop by Sephora to check it out. I love the using rollerball perfumes because I get tired of scents easily and passing on the full bottle saves me money.
9. Benefit They're Real Mascara: Another cult favorite, this mascara gives me volume without clumping. I like buying the travel size for $10 instead of the full size for $20 because mascaras always dry up before I can use all of the product.
10. Urban Decay Basics Palette: With the exception of the next product, these are the only eyeshadows I use on a daily basis because these matte shades are the only ones I need to do a neutral look. The shadows are creamy, easy to apply, and last all day.
11. Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Bad to the Bronze'': This cream shadow is absolutely beautiful. Most of the time, I apply it on it's own to my eyelid and blend it out, that's all I need! I have gotten countless compliments on my eye look when I wear this shadow. Plus, it's from the drugstore!
12. Maybelline BB Cream: On a day-to-day basis, I love a minimal and natural makeup look and this BB cream is perfect for light coverage. It doesn't dry out my skin and is great on its own or with a full makeup look.
13. Tarte Eyelash Curler: I can't believe I waited until 2014 to use an eyelash curler! I have long eyelashes, so I never thought I needed a curler, but adding an eyelash curler into my routine has changed my look. My eyelashes look so much better and I look more awake! This Tarte curler is great, but I have nothing to compare it to, so there might be a better or cheaper option out there.
14. Beauty Blender: If you have never tried the Beauty Blender, DO IT. Whether you are applying a BB Cream, full coverage foundation, concealer, or cream highlight, the Beauty Blender makes your makeup look airbrushed. Mine is well-loved and discolored, despite cleaning it every 2 uses (may be time for a new one). It is well worth the money and is my absolute favorite beauty tool.
What were you loving this year? Did you find a beauty product that completely changed your look?