Friday, October 31, 2014

Half-Faced Skeleton Makeup & Costume // Halloween 2014

Happy Halloween!

As a child, I was a cowgirl for five years in a row. Thankfully, I have become more creative over the years.

In previous years, some of my favorite costumes have been when I dressed up as Kanye West and Boo from Monster's Inc.

This year, with the help of Pinterest (Follow me!), I decided to kick off the Halloween weekend on Thursday by dressing up as a skeleton with a dramatic makeup look. I was hesitant about the makeup and unsure if I could actually pull it off. I wanted the "human" side of the makeup to be very dramatic and girly, so I used a heavy hand when applying bronzer and blush and threw on some fake lashes and a bold lip as well! Two of my friends were also planning on dressing up as skeletons (they did a DIY costume!) so we all met at their apartment to get ready.


We used Pinterest pins and YouTube tutorials to get inspiration for our makeup, and I think it turned out pretty well! 


Have a fun and safe Halloween!


xoxo Ava





Outfit Details:
Dress: Amazon
Tights: Spanx
Shoes: TJ Maxx
Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory
Facepaint: CVS
Lip Color: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 210 Unapologetic



No comments:

Post a Comment